Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hello & Goodbye!!


Well it is that time of the year again where all of us tries to recall how did the year fare and at the same time, cracking our head over what sort of resolutions to make for the new year. As far as I can recall, this year has been sort of a whirlwind one for me. Lots of things happened all at the same time - mostly good stuff.


The year started off busy with me trying to get a promotion and finding a new transfer for me. Which made me realise that sometimes it is hard to do it. The agony of all the interviews and waiting for a yes. But the thrill was there, to know what you are expected to be and also worth. Somehow I decided to make a switch from front office to housekeeping. Yes, I trade the glamorous lobby and opportunities to meet different guest at the front desk, the exchange of name cards while you mingle around with them for something less glamorous - the housekeeping. The switch was timely and the experience thus far has been great. To all my friends, well, I still do need to clean the toilet, check the aircond duct, make the bed, high dust and all the cleaning stuff to make the guest rooms all nice and comfortable from time to time. Though being in management, when the time call for a crunch, you just got to get your hands dirty to make it happen for the guest to ensure they have a great experience staying with us. I never regretted it abit now being in the position for 6 months now. And all, how could I almost forgotten about making a HUGE change of living condition, from a city to an island. Not just about any island but a tiny one. Where comfort is not the first thing that comes to mind. I gave up cinemas, al fresco restaurant, theatre, shopping malls for a small street with buildings not taller than 2 storeys and no malls, no fast food and though I am not a big fan - Starbucks!


What else happened, let see - oh, I was blessed to be able to attend four weddings too. Not just any weddings but close friends. One of them was a childhood friend that I knew all the way from primary one (Chee Wei), another one a friend which came to my life during high school, a loud spoken girl which is so opinionated sometimes that you just want to shut her up (Guan), as for the 3rd wedding, both of them has been very special to me although I just knew them for 2 years but they have come into my life so beautifully, they have always been there and took care of me and come to accept me as part of their family (Eric & Mariela), and the last wedding was a dear friend which share alot of same interest and funny too (Andreina). All in all, I was happy to be part of their happiness.


Also, I come to appreciate family love more than ever as I realise that it is hard to be not connected to them. Why do I say that that is because, the phone company in this island SUCKS coz I can't received text messages from my parents or friends from Malaysia and having to call home from Nevis to Malaysia is extremely expensive. I yearn for the love and the attention actually. Sigh! As for my friends, I am ever grateful for all of those who has sending me emails and coming online to chat with me. Amusing me always with stories and updates from back home and keeping me in touch with everyone progress.


The last quarter of the year has been a battle of adjusting to the new environment and finding for new friends which till now not really fruitful but I am happy for the few new friends which I have made. And also learning to live all by myself - yes all alone in a house with no one else. Strange at first but then it is somewhat a freedom now and total solitary. But then there is a bad side as well cause just last week, my home was just broke into. Sad but then what to do, it is something which is not on the agenda. I am glad that I am save and not hurt in any way - no worries, I wasn't home that time. And personal things can be always replace though.


Well, all in all I would not say it is all great or a boring one. Just another ordinary year and counting my blessing for it has made me more mature than before and stronger to face the tough world. And I am also looking forward for the new year - too bad, I am not a big fan of making resolution as I am bad at keeping it and recently one of my friend says that resolution do not need to be made only during the new year. You can make it anytime and have it achieve, which make more sense and fulfillment.


So it is goodbye to 07' and hello 08'.. Will definitely miss it but then not holding on to it too.. Oooh ! By the way, biggest achievement this year - learning how to swim and glad that I am enjoying it (yesss, I hear a few teases coming soon, bring it on).

No comments: