Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is fast approaching and it is one the best time of the year where family and friends get together. To have a meal and also if the dinner involves a few family attending, there is the battle who will get the honour of doing the turkey. I have seen it and it can be an ugly sight, especially you have relatives which think their stuffing is the best for the turkey.

Anyway, some of you might ask why am I fussing all about Thanksgiving when I am not even a Westerner. Well you see, I am someone which takes every single opportunity to call for a celebration regardless it is significant or not. Back in the days when I was working in KL, I didn't give much thought as half the time, I got to work on public holidasy or special occassion which celebrated in masses by many oridnary citizen. This is because I work in a hotel where the operations are 24/7 and sometimes it is real hard to get a day off when half of the city decides to come to the hotel and enjoyed a meal or two and at the same time, giving hell to the staff which at their service. Why, because one thinks that money can buy everything and people have come to not appreciate these hard working staff which might be missing spending the special holiday with their loves one - show some gratitude at least (SOB).

Ok now lets get back to the reasons why I am celebrating it. Thanksgiving is important to me now its because, for the last couple of year, I have come to appreciate my family and friends around me even more. I realise that many times I have placed my career as my priorities and sort of neglected the people around me. And at the same time, I have people whom are perfect strangers which come to love me for who I am and now hold dear to my heart. People which plays important role in my life and regards me as their family member. As for my very own family, I realise that our ties are stronger and more bonded than before given that I am at overseas as well as my other siblings. Perhaps the saying, absence makes the heart grows fonder.

It is also a time to reflect the year for all the good things that come to us in many forms and the misses of bad lucks.

So this year, I wish to give thanks for the a new jourey which I have embarked on. New found friends for a lasting friendship, new ties from extended family for a lifelong happiness, for existing friends another wonderful year ahead and many more to come, and finally to my parents and siblings thanks for the love and care.

2 comments:

Big Bad WOlf said...

When is thanksgiving?

bensiu said...

hahahaha - big bad wolf!

That was the question I wanted to ask too... HAHAHAHAH

So, show your appreciation towards your friends by buying all of us airticket to visit you and celebrate Thanksgiving with you in NEVIS!!!

WOOOOhoooo!!!